1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phat v6.38 downgrade/hackable?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Ray92, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Hey guys,

Been out of touch with the PSP scene for about a year or two now, but I was looking to get another PSP off ebay to hack and physically mod.

The one I have my eye on is a phat (1003) running v6.38 (latest I'm told by the seller).
    Is there anyway to install custom firmware onto this PSP?
    I have 2 PSPs in my house already one with v5-M33 and one running 5.50 GEN (both phats)
    I also have a memory stick I used to make a pandora battery back in the day for V3 psp downgrades.
    Would an updated version of the magic MMS + my battery changed to pandora do the trick?

Let me know if I should go for it, as I'm hoping all phats can still be modded

Thanks in advance guys ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

First of all, use PSP tool 1.00 to softmod one of your batteries on one of the PSPs that is already on Custom firmware so that you get a pandora one (you can softmod it back after you are done). Then you can use the magic memory stick you still have to downgrade your newer PSP to whatever version of custom firmware your magic memory stick supports. When you're done you can go directly to 6.38 ME.