1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phililps and JVC dvd+r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jagger2k, Aug 25, 2004.

1. jagger2k

jagger2k Member

i have a philips dvd+r and a jvc dvd+r and just want to know how they play on a v5 ps2 also does it play games burn on a dvdRW???

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

use dvd-r dont use dvd+r.. and if you plan on using dvd+r use the bit setting option implented in your dvdrw drive if you have it.. if not use dvd-r... and dont use rw dvds... its quite useles...

3. jagger2k

jagger2k Member

nah + disks are ok they run fine its just certain brands - or + that dont work properly ( slow loading and crashing.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I'd just go with what you know. If +R's are working ok for you then go for it. I'd like to know more about this bit-setting option myself Cyprien. Sig for my burner info.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

only liteon sony and some new dual layer burners can make bitsetting(aka change the book type of dvds)... the new DVR-A08 can altho you cant set it manualy it does it auto...

what it does it takes a regular dvd+r and makes it into true dvd-rom... thus making it more easy to read by other hardware...

this also works on DVD+RW drives they make it the best.. since they were made for dvd+r only...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    need help?... click... >>>>>> http://tinyurl.com/43d2q <<<<< must have mirc installed to work....[/small]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  6. jagger2k

jagger2k Member

hey Cyprien, i have a philips dvd+rw824 does this have the bit setting think on it???

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

JVC+R disks are very reliable with the PS2. I have a dvd+burner and since l cant use minus l use Dvd+R (JVC) to backup my games. These disks are great and work without flaw in my version3 PS2. I dont think there is a PS2 or dvd player out there that cant read these disks! my standalone player doesnt even read +R disks yet it has no problems reading JVC+R media!?
    so no need to change the booktype : )