1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32" hd ready lcd - pc mode problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andymunro, Feb 3, 2007.

1. andymunro

andymunro Member

I have a philips 32PF3320/10 and this morning i tried to set my xbox 360 up on it to play in HD.

I got a VGA cable and the vga to dvi connector block, all went well at first, i got a picture through the PC mode on the tele. Set the resolution higher on the xbox, no problem.

I turn to bbc1 for a second, then turn back to pc mode, no picture! just a box that says "video mode not supported"

bit strange seeing as it was supported until i have a look at the bbc.

I did notice that when i first went into pc mode and got a picture, the little blue box in the top right corner did say "PC-A" where as now when i select it, it just says "PC" and doesnt produce an image.

How do i get back to this PC-A mode? and why the hell is video mode not supported anymore?

BTW the xbox does work on original scart, but when using that cable, there is no way of seeing the resolution settings for the pc mode which i could see before.

Any help will be muchly appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  2. oedekerk

oedekerk Regular member

This happens because you've had it hooked up to another TV or accidentally change the resolution I would think (it's happened to me a couple of times).

What you'll have to do is either change the resolution on a blank screeen OR hook it up to a PC monitor and select a supported resolution.

to be on the safe side - select 640x480 then adjust it to suit on the TV.

If you wanna do it on the blank screen, crank the volume up and listen to the movements.

Turn you're 360 on then wait a few secs
    push right on the analogue stick 4 or more times and press A (this will have you in the console settings menu)
    Press A again (display menu)
    Press A again (resolution menu)
    Press A again (selects 640x480)
    Press up and A to confirm.

Hopefully will work - did for me..

3. andymunro

andymunro Member

Thank you so much for your help, this particular tv seems quite popular, im sure this will help someone else in the future too!

4. oedekerk

oedekerk Regular member

No problem mate.