1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVD Recorder Issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Steve61, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Steve61

Steve61 Member

I hope someone out there can help me... I have a Philips DVDR70 and burn home made DVDs using Nero6/ Sonic/ or Pinnacle8, neither DVD+RW or DVD+R will play on this machine however they will play on a VERY CHEAP DVD player and another Philips DVD player, I am using an Optorite DD0401 DVDRW on Philips media, where oh where am I going wrong? Please don't say Philips to me...
    Steve

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Philips!!
    Have you done a search on your player to find out if it plays + media?
    My search indicates that it uses -R media only.

I only checked one place though so investigate this and tell us what you find out!

Cheers,
    Frank

3. Steve61

Steve61 Member

Frank, I checked it out before I bought it which makes this issue so frustrating, try

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A9YZT/ref=ase_ciaouk-21/202-6605119-2020629

Amazon.co.uk Review
    Plummeting prices have meant DVD recorders are now starting to become a practical replacement for the humble VCR. Philips' DVDR70 is a perfect example, giving amazing picture quality, up to six hours of recording on one disc and the ability to re-record as often as you like, using reusable DVD+RW media as well as slightly cheaper, single-use, DVD+R discs.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Further investigation does indicate that + media is correct for this player, I just happened upon a crappy review.
    Well at least thats established!
    I think the next step would be to detrmine if your Philips player likes Philips discs burned using the Optorite.
    Try a different brand, I use Memorex +R media. Others have success with Ritek.

5. Steve61

Steve61 Member

Thanks again Frank, I now think I have it cracked! It's a bit long winded, but I create the movie in Pinnacle 8 and then use Nero 6 to burn the actual DVD, so far so good on RW, today the big test, burning it to 'R'... fingers crossed etc...

Steve