1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS DVD RECORDER

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by SDempsey, Apr 20, 2007.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

H

I have a philips dvd recorder, The problem im having is that anything I have recorded wont open up in my pc. I had to reformat my pc and previous to this I could open up the discs recorded with the dvd recorder no problem.I can convert to dvd ?????? using the DivX2DVD software but that takes an age. Am I missing a codec or something?

Thanks in advance

Seamus

2. nukebaby

nukebaby Guest

I have the exact same problem (I have a Pioneer DVDR3400). When I record a TV show or movie, it is recorded as a DVD-VR file with Video_RM and Video_TS subfiles.

What I have to do is re-author/compress the files with DVD Shrink, which saves the files in DVD format (Audio_TS and Video_TS). Then I burn those newly created files file to DVD with my DVD burning software. I guess you could use Nero to do this. I wouldn't know because I was one of those idiots who got suckered into buying "Roxio My DVD9 by Sonic" because it was recommended by Microsoft.

I also have a Media Center PC, but I enjoy the freedom of recording on my DVD recorder. Nothing is worse than recording a program on your PC only to find out that is the only place you will ever be able to view it due to copyright restrictions!

The DVD recorder has it's downside as well. I lost 3 recordings in 8 months due to either malfunctions of the DVD recorder or bad media (blank DVD's). I record alot of digital TV, and can't be bothered with the copyright restrictions of the MS Media Center.

3. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi

Got mine sorted, had to download an all in one codec pack,It works fine now. I use DVD shrink to edit out the ads of a movie then join together as 1. anything I record off the tv comes up on the pc as a normal DVD would now. Happy days.

Last edited: May 7, 2007