1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVD+RW-D28

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chadbb6, Jan 25, 2003.

1. chadbb6

chadbb6 Guest

Has anyone else had a problem with this brand? This may be most of my problem if what some of you are telling me, I have tried DVD-R, DVD-RW also DVD+RW and was able to backup was my system files but that is all I have been able to do so far with many wasted disks, should I just remove this DVD player and get me another one? Money is a problem so be gentle, I just bought this complete system from Dell 6 months ago with many payments to go but I do think the Philips DVD may be a problem, any suggestions will be well received, thanks.

Chad

2. sluffin

sluffin Member

I have the same rig here that I got 6 months ago from Dell. The Philips will not write to dvd-r's. You must use dvd+r or +rw media.

I have been able to burn and copy using a variety of software and Memorex media.

I have always gotten good tech support out of Dell but not concerning this drive when I first was trying to use dvd-r media. They were useless. I found the answers I needed of this here board.

Once I used the Memorex + media I have never had a problem since.

3. jws

jws Member

I also have the Philips DVD+RW-D28. So far I have only been able to use the Nero burn engine successfully. DVDXcopy 1.3.1 worked perfectly with the Nero burn engine. I installed 1.4.1 and tried the gear drivers and the process consistantly hung at between 58 and 98% completed. I also have a DVD-ROM and with the Nero burner and 1.3.1 could start the burn process, load the burner, indicate to the software that it was loaded and walk away. With 1.4.1 it always ejects the media on the burner. You have to be present to reload the media at the beginning of the actual burn process.