1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDRW 228

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by TonyLinde, Dec 24, 2002.

1. TonyLinde

TonyLinde Member

A couple of days ago I purchased a Philips DVDRW228K/40 DVD recorder and I have tried 3 times to burn CD's using the latest version of Nero and evrytime Nero comes back with fixation errors. As a result CD's are totally unreadable. Does anybody have an idea what the cause is. I have a Pentium 4 2,4ghz machine running under WinXP (+ Service pack & updates).
    Thanks & Merry X-mas to all

2. underburn

underburn Guest

Hi I've also got the philips drive and i've had problems with nero finalizing the discs. I gave up nero and now use clonecd for cd's and stomp recordnow max for dvd/cd. I haven't had any problems so far each burn has been a success.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

3. TonyLinde

TonyLinde Member

Thanks for the trouble

Merry X-mas and a happy new year

Tony

4. jr1966

jr1966 Guest

I bought this writer 3 days ago and think its fab.I had two concerns will it back up my ps2 games and make backups of dvd movies that will play on my stand alone and it has done so perfectly.i've even backed up ea games which suppose to need a patch, it also lets me play backup dvd movies on +rw on my ps2.I use nero every time which in my opinion must be the best value for money piece of software you can buy.