1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP620VR - DIVX?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by spyder909, Dec 9, 2004.

1. spyder909

spyder909 Guest

Philips DVP620VR

Does someone know a little about this player?

It's a DVD/VCR
    Philips specs lists that it does DIVX
    Compression formats : Divx, MPEG1, MPEG2

But it's not very specific about the DIVX capabilities.

Anyways, if someone could provide any details or feedback on this model versus the DVP642 that would be great.

For the DVP642, Philips is very specific about the compatability:
    Compression formats : Divx 3.11, Divx 4, Divx 5, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4\

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

I am wondering the same about this player (DVP620VR).

I saw one on sale at Fry's the other day and decided to research it a bit first. I've heard really good things about the DVP642, and it it'd be nice if this one was the same thing just with a VCR built in, but since it's been so hard to find info on, I'm starting to have my doubts. In some places, it says it supports DivX and in others, it doesn't. So who knows?

Regardless, my girlfriend wants a DVD/VCR combo while I want a DVD/DivX combo, so chances are, I'll be getting this player eventually. For know, I'll get the 642 for myself until I need to get her the other one (asuming I hear good things about it in the future).

If there is still no info about it, I'll get it and let you all know how I feel and if it plays DinX/XviD or not. I hope someone else will share this info before then, but, as I said, I plan to get it anyway...I can always take it back, you know ;)