1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP642 Anime Problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Foxcraft, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Foxcraft

Foxcraft Guest

When playing anime one my 642, the bottom and often a bit of the top of the picture gets cut off, thus making it difficult to read the subtitles. I realize that this is an issue that has been discussed before in these forums, but I have been unable to find a suitable solution. Before anyone suggests it, my computer does have a video card with video out, I simply would rather have the option of burning my video files to dvd and watching them on this player, even if it involves re-encoding. Currently I generally use Dr. Divx on the Home Theatre setting when doing any encoding for this player. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

2. Foxcraft

Foxcraft Guest

I have attempted some resizing, (Origional is 640X480, I have tried as low as 320X240) and this has not worked, if I make it smaller, the subtitles will fit, but the picture quality will be just terrible.

One thing I wanted to attempt was adding letterboxing to the video, but I have no idea how to do this, if anyone has any suggests on adding letterboxing that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005