1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP642 DivX doesn't play MPEG4 from Nero

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dki, Mar 18, 2005.

1. dki

dki Guest

I just bought Nero Ultra 6.6 because it encodes DVDs to MPEG4. I was hoping to convert some MPEG2 DVDs to MPEG4 on CDs or about 4/DVD but the Philips won't even recognize the data file. It plays all the other DivX movies I've downloaded. Anyone know why this is. The discs I've ripped to DivX play on my PC but not on the Philips.

2. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

Nero's Recode 2 application uses a proprietry MP4 format called Nero Digital. Some players will be coming out to support the format along with Divx. One example is the Zensonic z500. I like Nero Digital and Recode 2 because the output quality to me is good and it's fast. However, I still don't have a stand alone player that can play the discs and have to rely on computers only. The Nero Digital format support subtitles and chapter breaks very well too.

3. dki

dki Guest

Wesley,

Got this from Nero support:

thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

here is a player: http://www.nero.com/de/Siemssen_DVD_Player.html

Whenever new compatible players come out we will inform you on our website www.nero.com

dki

4. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

There are other players coming also.

Futhermore, I just loaded a new firmware for my RJ-Tech RJ-1500DVXII directly from RJ-Tech's website and I can now play Nero Digital 2.0 and 5.1 files!

So basically, I now have a Nero Digital compatible player without having to buy an all together new player!

The RJ-1500DVXII uses the ESS Vibratto II chipset.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005