1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP642 Firmware Upgrade v1109

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ikon810, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ikon810

ikon810 Member

Philips just released a firmware upgrade earlier this month. Not matter how hard I've tried, I cannot find any details on what this upgrade actually does. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. the-texan

the-texan Member

Can only tell you what I've notice after installing this puppy. Some Xvids I download were pixed before, now they're viewable. Still needs improvement, but 90% works for me. It also improved some meg4 vids. Still checking whatelse was fixed. I'll let you know my findings later on.

3. ikon810

ikon810 Member

Yeah, I noticed that some of my xvid movies didn't working very well on the player. the movies would ended up extremely pixelated but since I've just recently upgraded the firmware I haven't had the chance to check all my movies yet. i was hoping that this was going to be one of the issues addressed in the upgrade

4. trey007

trey007 Member

I loaded the new firmware, but haven't noticed anything fixed. My pixelated movies are still just that. Almost all of my DVDs now have Subtitle issues where the subtitles are on by default, then after turning them off, they come back on again after 5 minutes. I also noticed an issue while watching The Forgotten on DVD, where the last chapter started hanging. I took the disk into the other room to try on my other DVP642 and the same thing happened. I had to watch the end of the movie on my PC. I hope they do a better job fixing these issues with the next upgrade.

5. jjfox30

jjfox30 Member

6. chahal4

chahal4 Member

can sum1 post a link to where i can download it from? thx.

7. trey007

trey007 Member