1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips dvp642 help, won't play anything

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by drakkie, Jan 10, 2005.

1. drakkie

drakkie Member

i recently bought this player and i can't play anything on it, i've tried upgrading the firmware and using the setting the region code to zero.

whenever i put anything in whether its dvd, vcd, divx, xvid it'll freeze up, sometimes it'll freeze right away other times it'll play the videos fine for about 5 minutes and then freeze up. when it freezes its looks like a tv with no receiver thats all messed up changing colors and staticy, once its frozen i wouldn't be able to press anything or even stop the video, i'd have to either unplug the dvd player or hold the power button for a good 10-15 seconds before it turns off

if i leave it alone when its frozen with a staticy pictures and changing colors the dvd player will restart itself after about 30 seconds

if anyone has any suggestions it would be appriciated

thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  2. backdude

backdude Member

Maybe you ended up with a player that's just plain defective. Can you bring it back and exchange it?

3. drakkie

drakkie Member

i wish i could, i ordered it from amazon.com back in october and didn't try it until now

4. ezdell

ezdell Member