1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP642 - Menu for DIVX files??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by phunkysai, Jan 13, 2005.

1. phunkysai

phunkysai Member

Does anyone know:

I burned 6 DIVX files to DVD-R, and played them in my Philips DVP642...however, I noticed that the player just starts playing the first DIVX file straightaway...

Does anyone know how to create a menu that this Philips player can read, so that I can have a nice little menu to select which DIVX file I want to play?

I have created DVD menus and VCD menus before, but I'm just not sure what kind of format I could use since I'm not creating a VCD or DVD.....

Thanks for the help!

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

The DVP has a built in menu system for media files. Mine starts from it most every time. Of course, it has the limitation of only reading upto the 11th character of the file name, but thats usually enough on all my files except mp3s. When you put in your dvd, push the disk menu button.

3. phunkysai

phunkysai Member

Thanks for that response, because I didn't know it!

Now, does anyone know how to create a nice-looking menu (a la DVD-style) where I could create something and burn it to the DVD with my DIVX files, and then have it load automatically when the DVD-R is inserted in the Philips?

It appeals to the graphic designer in me :)

Thanks again!

4. projektor

projektor Member

I don't think this is possible with this player. All this unit does upon inserting a disc is it lists all the files and shows them using its own menu system.

You can design menus for dvd/vcd discs, but not data cd/dvds.

peace