1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP642 wont play new DVD's (POTC2 & CARS)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Elimin8r, Dec 11, 2006.

1. webpilot

webpilot Member

just a added comment to my previous post. Out of the five movies i rented over the holidays,2 of them were not able to be played in this Phillips dvd player. The 2 movies that "froze" were , 1: "The Breakup" with Vince Vaughn/jennifer anniston (ok wife was picking out the movies"lol and 2: Flight Plan with jodie foster...flight plan froze the player at the Piracy screen. The Breakup froze the player at the main menu screen as soon as you entered "play" on the remote. This was after repeated attempts. Both movies played fine in my 4 year old Panasonic unit i had to re hookup just to watch these movies. I agree with previous poster. You should be able to "slap" in a dvd and play it...simple procedure right? duh..lol...

2. mwphill

mwphill Member

I have the exact same problem with Cars and also Barnyard with this DVD Player.

3. jbow214

jbow214 Member

Well it's good to know that it is just not me. Guess I'll have to figure it out also.

4. webpilot

webpilot Member

I guess this thread just kinda died ?
    Anybody have any new updates on this problem??

5. martind16

martind16 Member

FYI, I returned the Philips to Circuit City and purchased a Samsung DVD/VCR combo player and I haven't had a problem since.