1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips dvp642 xvid re-encode settings

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by arag0rn, Mar 3, 2005.

1. arag0rn

arag0rn Member

[bold]orcutt989[/bold]

These directions are how you do batch encodes:

First, please download version Vdubmod 1.5.10 , that is the one I've been using with no problems with video or audio after encodes.

[bold]To permanently save your xvid settings at every startup, do the following: [/bold]

1. Load xvid settings as described in my original post, do the following before you import a movie into the editor.
    2. FILE --> SAVE PROCESSING SETTINGS , (in this case it is saved as xvid.xcf)

[​IMG]

3. Right click on the Vdubmod shortcut on desktop or start menu, and select properties. Add the following command line extension to the shortcut (this loads the XCF file everytime you start vdubmod:

[​IMG]

[bold] To add a batch job , do the following: [/bold]

1. Apply xvid settings as wanted, and drag in the movie.
    2. Go to FILE ----> SAVE AS inside vdubmod , check the "Don't run this job now...checkbox"

[​IMG]

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for your other movies... you can see the job list by selecting : FILE --> JOB CONTROL

[​IMG]

As a final note, ALWAYS select [bold]NO[/bold] when you drag in a movie and it has the following prompt:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  2. orcutt989

orcutt989 Member

So if I have AVI files with QPEL, I can just convert them to AVI files without QPEL and have it work? The original qpel wont be carried over?

3. sksupra

sksupra Member

hmmm.....i have never tried that. my understanding is that you can change the 4cc in an avi but dvp642 will still see the qpel.

4. orcutt989

orcutt989 Member

OK i FOUND THIS SITE! It should work according to this guy who used your same method for same dvd player, and worked!!

http://www.ryan.com.br/virtualdub_en.htm

16/01 - I tested this same method with an xvid copy of "The Incredibles" which was unplayable on the DVP642. It didn't have GMC or anything else that I could identify with GSPOT, but using this procedure, recoding with XVID, solved the problem!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  5. adamf9898

adamf9898 Member

ok so ive noticed most videos are using the xvid codec instead of divx nowdays... so im using gpsot to check and see if the xvid videos have the QPEL , but im not sure where it will tell you at using gspot , can someone please help me, thanks

6. ruFFritch

ruFFritch Member

adamf9898: Use MPEG4 modifier to check for qpel. Open the file (or just drag and drop the file onto the Mpeg4 modifier exe. Then after file loads, click on the video info button... al kinds of handy info!! :)

BTW to anyone using vdubmod, there is a new "audex enabled" version out... Audex will allow you to make fully home theatre compatible 5.1 soundtracks for your films... I wish everyone would use this... most avi files that say AC3.. do not play AC3 through a stand alone AC3 setup.
    Here's the link for the Audex enabled version of Virtualdubmod //http://www.aud-x.com/

7. ruFFritch

ruFFritch Member

ooops, a small correction... Aud-ex enabled Virtual dub mod will not let you play AC3 soundtracks on your stand alone divx player. You still need the aud-ex codec to decode the stream before it is output. This is a great proggy for peeps who have a 5.1 channel setup on their PC.
    My bad.

8. ruFFritch

ruFFritch Member

... and another update... Aud-x enabled vdubmod will make divx or xvid AVI packaged movies that will output analog surround (Prologic II) from your standalone player.
    In order for it to output AC3 from standalones, the manufacturers would need to have support for it in the players. The only way this can happen is if everyone starts using Aud-x for their 5.1 channel encoding, this will create the demand... and we all know what comes once there is enough demand!! :)

9. deandany

deandany Member

Hi all

I have a problem playing a downloaded AVI file with video compression in XVID format.
    So i decided to convert it as instructed in the articles

1)http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/165637
    2)http://www.ryan.com.br/virtualdub_en.htm

but all i get is a 157 MB file with bad quality video and 5 seconds delay in video when compared to Audio... ie audio is playing faster by 5 secs... tried all the things... nothing works... i used to use AVIrecomp of Dr.Divx for this and they were absolutely great... but only this file is causing problems cos in Dr.Divx it gives Critical System error in few minutes time and AVI recomp gives Statsfile not found error. Also one more thing... While opeing the file in VirtualDub i get an error which says "VirtualDub has detected improper VBR audio encoding in soirce AVI File..... " and it gives only OK button and no "YES" "NO" option as suggested in some thread...

What setting should i adopt for maintaing that clarity and having no Audio/Video Sync issues while playing in BSplayer or Phipils DVP642K ?

Kindly find the GSpot information of my XVID file in following Link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dinesh_r_y2k/album?.dir=/6955
    (OR) go to http://photos.yahoo.com/dinesh_r_y2k and view album "XVID issues"

Thanks in advance

10. wildo2ne

wildo2ne Member

Just so everyone understands, running a file through dr. divx re-encodes the file as a divx file not an xvid, that is why you are getting different results

divx 3-4-5 are different from xvid