1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips HTS3450 randomly turns on by itself

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Kaepora, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Kaepora

Kaepora Member

I recently purchased a Philips HTS3450, which I really like for the most part. It's for my bedroom so it gets the job done and then some.

However, it randomly turns itself on. I'll be sitting in my bed watching a show on television (without having the DVD player on), when it will suddenly turn on. I'm fairly certain that it is always on the TV setting when it turns on. Because of this, the program I'm watching on TV will all of a sudden get extremely loud when the system kicks on (due to the audio coming from the additonal surround sound speakers, which are usually set at a pretty high volume).

Other times I'll notice when I wake up that instead of the red standby light being on, the word TV will be displayed on the system, meaning that at some point during the night, the system turned on.

I have absolutely no idea of how to go about fixing this. I appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks!

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well I suppose you could unplug it from the wall until you come to use it lol
    That would fix your problem I suppose - however not v practical.

All I got soz :) lol

3. Kaepora

Kaepora Member

Well, I have now come to the conclusion that it only turns on when the TV is on. And when it turns on, it defaults to the "TV mode." I'm starting to wonder if this is perhaps the way the player is designed to work. Maybe Philips thought that I would want to listen to my television shows through the 5.1 speakers no matter what.

Anyone have an opnion on this?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Why don't you just try emailing or phoning Philips and asking them? Sorry if you've allready done that and to no avail - just a thought.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Do you live near right on top of another House? Sometimes the IR siganls are close from another remote to make it turn on. My negtbors turn my TV on/of when they turn there Tv on/off.