1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phllips DVD8701 not able to read UDF dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by duper241, Feb 28, 2007.

1. duper241

duper241 Member

I had to reinstall Windows Xp and backed all my Apps up to a dvd using Nero..got the PC (Dell Dimension 9100) up and running..but can't get to my Apps on the DVD because the drive won't read it. I throw the DVD in and the drive through Explorer says its a CD drive and can't read it. I downloaded Nero and burned a file to a DVD and it burned int in ISO/9660 mode..not UDF. So Im thinking the problem is finding a UDF driver for the drive...therin lies the problem.. I could not find it or even the DVD model on the website... Any idea's?? thanks

2. duper241

duper241 Member

For anyone else having this problem... I also installed Roxio Media creator and it now recognizes the DVD's.... not sure why..but it does..

3. haza12d

haza12d Regular member

Ever thought about Crossflashing that drive into a BenQ1640? Just look for the flasher utility and download the latest 1640 firmware and you're good to go. Did it on mine, now I can use all the features of QSuite. Just something to consider. =)