1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Tools

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by OmegaWolf, Jan 21, 2005.

1. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

I and my brother recently purchased v180 phones. I also DLed phonetools and the v180 drivers, and I tried running phone tools on 2 seperate computers. I was able to transfer mp3's and pics the first time I used the software on each computer. But every time after that, Phone tools just says 'initializing' and doesn't recognize the phone. Anybody have a solution to this? And does anyone know if you need Motorola's phone cable or will any mini-usb cable do?

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Just make sure your reception is good and that the cable is pushed in firmly. Any mini-usb will work as long as it fits your phone of course. :) Some have indicated that you need to plug the cable in to the same USB port on your computer every time. I haven't found that to be the case for me though. Also, some have mentioned that they had to physically hold the cable against the phone during the entire process. My cable is well connected and fits snugly in the side of my V220. I just have to make sure that little rubber port plug is out of the way. (hehehe - that's a funny sentence). It's all trial and error I'm afraid.

3. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

My reception is excellent, but what would that have to do when Im connected with a usb cable? Ive tried holding the cable, but that didn't seem to do anything. I even tried a different usb cable...still nothing. If anyone else is having a similar problem or has some idea, please let me know.....

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

LOL that's what I want to know. But guess what... it does.

5. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member