1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Tools

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by loppylugs, May 4, 2007.

1. loppylugs

loppylugs Member

Hi
    This is my first posting so apologies if I put the message in the wrong place :)

I bought Motorazr v3 last week and today my Phone Tools software package arrived in the post. Everything seemed straightforward enough - put disk in drive and follow instructions! But no - half way through installation I got the 'blue screen of death' and a message helpfully telling me about problems with the hard drive. I repeated the excercise and so did my computer. So, it seems that I have a problem with installing the Phone Tools package. Any insight would be very gratefully received! Thanks
    Karen

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Welcome to Ad by the way, just out of curiosity, what are the specs for the computer you are trying to install MPT im, like CPU speed, operating system, SP2? Memory, hard drive etc?
    Exactly what error message do you get on the blue screen of death?

3. loppylugs

loppylugs Member

Hi

So sorry about the long delay in replying - I went on holiday for a long weekend and only just picked up your reply. I don't recall the actual blue screen message I'm afraid - something about hard disk sectors I think. I tried it three times and bottled out of trying again. Tomorrow I'll take the disk to work and see if the same thing happens. My system is: AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2.01 GHz with 512 RAM. I have Windows XP Professional with SP2. Recently my motherboard died and a friend replaced it and reinstalled Windows etc. It has run without a glitch until now. I suppose all I can do, if the disk doesn't work on another PC, is send it back. To be honest this phone is nice for some things but a lot of the features are probably unreachable for me because I bought it with a Pay as you Go tariff from T-Mobile and a lot of features are network dependant. I did only expect to get a phone so I suppose I shouldn't moan if it can't do anything else :)

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

It should work, I have a Verizon crippled phone which with a little seem editing now bows down and does tricks at my command.
    try here

5. loppylugs

loppylugs Member

Hi

Thanks blivetNC for the link. It looks interesting and I'm willing to give it a go - I am a complete novice at all this stuff but what's the worst that can happen ? I already saw the connection point was similar to that of a camera, tried it and saw that my PC picked up on it being a Motorola phone - it asked for drivers which, of course, I didn't have which is why I sent for the Tools pack (which I still can't load). Now perhaps I don't need it anyway so I'll have a bash and see what happens. Thanks a lot!

Cheers

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The big advantage to having MPT installed is the ability to create your own ringtones and transfer them to your phone at no charge, and to transfer pictures and files between your phone and your computer. Verizon disabled this feature in order to charge you to install ringtones, wallpapers, and pictures into your phone. With MPT you can do whatever you want for free.

7. loppylugs

loppylugs Member

Hi

Yes - I guessed there would be an advantage in having the Phone Tools package but getting it to install without crashing my PC seems to be a problem :)

K