1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo + Audio + VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by egomez, Sep 23, 2002.

1. egomez

egomez Member

Hi, first sorry for my english i speak spanish.
    So, i need to do a VCD with my family photos, but i want that this photos have music, how can i do that? if this is possible, can i have a menu in order to see the photo what i want (skep from photo to photo with remote control)?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Use either part 1 or part 2

PART 1 - CREATE ONE MPG FILE FROM A BUNCH OF PICS AND ADD AUDIO.
    Heres a bit of advice in simple english.

Download jasc paint shop pro 7. You will get animation shop 3 with it.
    http://www.jasc.com

Open a family photo in animation shop 3.

when it loads, click save as. Make sure your output format is avi. you can choose what every kbits/second you want. You can choose the length the image will be displayed by right clicking the photo (while open in animation shop 3) clicking frame properties and changing the number (take 100 = 1 second).

you can keep adding more photos to your frames and save them as avi.

Download TMPGEnc. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/tmpgenc.cfm

when it opens, use the vcd wizard. You will see a space for video and audio files. Open the avi file by pressing browse. You can now open an audio track aswell. This can be mp3/mp2/wav or ac3. This will produce an mpg file in video cd format.

Make sure that you enter a desired length into animation shop 3 for each image to be displayed.

PART 2 - MAKING A VCD THAT YOU CAN PRESS YOUR DVD PLAYERS NEXT BUTTON TO CHANGE THE PICTURE (THERE WILL BE NO AUDIO).

open your animation shop 3. open a family photo and click save as. Save it as an avi (MAKE SURE ONLY ONE PHOTO IS IN YOUR AVI). use tmpgenc to encode the file to videocd (DO NOT ADD ANY AUDIO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES).

Do the same for all your photos. Now get Nero Burning Rom. When nero opens up you will either get a "nero wizard" or a "new compilation" window. If you get a nero wizard click "close wizard". Use the scroller at the left side of the compilation window to select Video-CD. Click new.

Now drag the files you want from the file browser to the compilation window. YOU WILL GET A WARNING THAT TELLS YOU THERE IS NO AUDIO but ingnore it. Once you have all the photos in vcd format select them all and right click them. Change the pause from seconds to infinite.

Click file - Write cd.

Now when you watch it in a dvd player, the next chapter button will move on to the next pic.

Sorry if that english is hard to read