1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo slideshow and home video to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jeepin, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jeepin

Jeepin Member

I am going to try to make a DVD with a slideshow (with music in background) at the beginning and then followed by putting together multiple cuts of home video. It will be a memorial to my Mother who passed away recently.
    I want to make it as professional looking as possible. I guess what I need to know is, What combination of software would be good to use? I have Nero, TMPGEnc and TMPGE DVD author, Shrink, and decrypter.
    I can't quite find a guide that will walk me through this, so if you know of one............
    Thanks for any help with this.

2. malum

malum Regular member

What you don't have listed there is any DV editing software which you will need if you want it toi be any good.

I use Vegas Video to make slideshows
    You simply tell it how long you want each photo to be on screen and how much overlap for the transition and then you drag and drop all the photos into the timeline.

You can then add effects and transitions if you want, including zooming in and out and panning.

You add music and commentary into as many audio timlines as you want.

The video clips bit will be a breeze as it's primarily a video editing piece of software.

I did one recently for a client and they loved it. It looks fantastic (if I do say so myself)

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I just bought a program called Memories on TV. It's really nice.. You can do VCD/SVCD/DVD's. The trial version lets you burn VCD's but you have to buy it to burn SVCD and DVD's. Here is the web page if your interested. http://www.picturetotv.com/ Hope this helps

Matt

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004