1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo transformation

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by SlammerM, Mar 12, 2005.

1. SlammerM

SlammerM Member

Does anyone know of a software package that will let my wife take a picture and age the person that is in it?
    She has a son that died before we were married and wants to see what he would look like today.
    Thanks

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

try the jasc paintshop. you have to be very fluent with the program to do it thought.

3. SlammerM

SlammerM Member

Thanks joschez, I've tried a few diff progs but just can't seem to figure it out. I was hoping to find a prog like what you see on tv. one or two clicks type thing.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Couple of problems:
    1) Aging photos is an objective process. It is very difficult to predict.

2) Aging photos takes a lot of research. For instance, the artist would ideally need photos of close relatives, parents, grand parents, etc., to predict how the individual might 'age'

3) Finally -- no one likes to take the responsibility. Face it, there's a lot of emotion involved when a loved one passes away. It is difficult for any artist to take the somber responsibility of saying: "Here's what they would look like today." And, then take the disappointments that will come later if the client is not happy with the results.

No, there is no software that does this beyond the proprietary software used in crime labs to build suspect photos. That software is very expensive.

5. SlammerM

SlammerM Member

Jeanc1,
    Thank you very much. I apreciate the come back and the help.

6. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i have a photoshop guide book that shows you how to age somebody. i will scan it in for you this week sometime. the results were pretty realistic to say the least