1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photos on to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by reynards, Sep 27, 2002.

1. reynards

reynards Guest

I want to put about200 phots on to a dvd disk and have it played on a stand alone dvd player. Can anyone give me some tips as to best format for photos, software to use for compiling dvd etc??????

2. tigerman

tigerman Guest

What you want is Ulead DVD Picture Show. It will write to CD-R CD-RW DVD-R DVD-RW, it will put a pause between each photo and play a song at the intro. It is very easy to use and can store up to 1999 pitures on a cd or dvd depending on how big they are of course.
    If you have trouble finding it you can reach me by email or give me a shout on yahoo messenger

3. e.n

e.n Guest

Hi Tigerman,
    I´ve download the free trial from the ulead website.Everything went ok,but I can´t add more pictures to the same CD-r/CD-RW or DVD-R in the second time.It pop out a message said that the disc it´s not a blank disc.Do you have that problem too?
    Please HELP.I need to know the answer before I purchase the full vesion.

Thank´s!

e.n

4. tigerman

tigerman Guest

I don't think you can create a second session like you can in ordinary writing software. I must admit it seems strange as not many people with have enough pictures to fill a dvd at one hit.
    I burnt my test collection onto a re-write that way they can be copied back to the hard drive updated and re-written

5. e.n

e.n Guest

Oh....thats too bad.:( I would love to get it but now I don´t think so.Is there any other program same as Ulead Pitureshow?

6. tigerman

tigerman Guest

I dare say there are but that the only one I know of. I think a friend of mine may know of some others. If you send a privat message with your email address I will ask him and send you a mail.
    Jusy had a quick thought, I have noticed that when writing to a dvd with any software it does not support multi sessions so maybe none of the software will do what you want.

7. e.n

e.n Guest

How about write it to VCD?All i want is download to a disc and send it to my friends and family,so it easy to view in the TV than the Computer.

Thanks!

8. tigerman

tigerman Guest

I did use a VCD when I first tried the software and it came out perfect.You can get a lot lot of pictures onto 650mb unless you take them in raw format then they are monstersb lol

9. e.n

e.n Guest

when I try the free trial version,is ok with dvd too.I can view the picture when I play it in my DVD player.But as you said it impossible to add more pictures later in the same dics.That´s the problem.You can´t add more to the same disc so you can view it all in one.

10. tigerman

tigerman Guest

but if you use a RW disk you can copy what is on the disk back to your hard drive, add the new pictures you want and them re-write the disk with the additional pictures. A bit long winded but it's a way around it

11. e.n

e.n Guest

Aha..thats will works.But not every DVD player can play RW Disc(thats what I been told).But...I will give it a try,anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion,Tigerman.

e.n

12. tigerman

tigerman Guest

I have read lot about that but it works ok with my stanalone dvd player, plus re-writes are so cheap at about £1.15 for a white Label