1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photos on tv?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbrown99, Jun 19, 2003.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

hey there, i know i'm in the wrong place for this question, but does anyone know if it is possible to view photos from a digital camera on the tv by putting them on a cdr (vcd) and then watching it through your DVD player? if so please tell me how. thanx.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

The VCD forum would be the correct place to post this kind of message.

You can start a VCD session in Nero, drag-n-drop the images you have to the VCD, and set the delay interval between photos - I think the default is infinite. So I usually change it to 5 seconds or so. Nero will do the rest. Easy.

jnihil.

3. Labrat

Labrat Regular member

I will have to agree with you about nero. I recently burned a vcd of my images "approx. 662 Photos I placed on 1 Disc". Remember when your grandmother or aunt would love to set you down and make you look through all of the pictures of the family an vactions, well now I have had my revenge with my Picture Vcd Dics. Ha Ha

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I made a picture disk with nero too tonight, was ok, however, one thing i did notice is some of the photos looked pretty crap on my tv, like badly streatched even thogh they were big in resolution anyway! Any way to fix to either of ye're knowledge?

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. Don't drag-n-drop pictures into Nero if their aspect is not 4:3.

The later versions of VCDEasy has a feature of maintaining the aspect (puts black borders) for pix with non-4:3 aspects. I would use that instead.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Cheers, i tried with VCDEasy tonight, works perfectly!! thnx a mill :D