1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPBB2

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by css, Jan 17, 2003.

1. css

css Member

hey I work with alot of forums and all and I think if you guys checked out phpbb that you would like here set up u can do the same thing but more cusumizable all you would have to figure out is if ur provider supports php ect ect but php would be a good upgrade for you guys

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Not going to happen -- the current forum system is 100% built by us, we decided originally NOT to go with any existing package, because in this way we can integrate the user database and existing other databases in our system into the forum software.

Surely, the forum software we use is not near perfect, barely even "good", but it does the trick and can serve over 6M page imps a month running on one P4 machine without breaking a sweat.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ah I like this forum. Its best too that your forums be different from others, it just seems better! phpbb is everywhere and kinda has been setup to be "glamerous". this forum represets pain because all you find on it are people with problems that need fixing so its best to keep it the way it is or the amount of angry smilies used would probably crash your precious p4. :)