1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physics Question ???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xXxBG, Oct 17, 2007.

1. seb32

seb32 Regular member

I saw that, but didn't know what that meant... furry calculator lol

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

haha, that seems like algebra-based physics right there, blivet. i always had such a hard time with that; calc-based is easier for me to work out.

seb, lol, that's what online translators are for :p

/me suddenly starts daydreaming about a furry world

concentrate! arg, concentrate on physics! >.<

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

very much so, that episode is. however, they didn't exactly portray a furry con accurately. sure, there are crazy sex parties, but fursuits aren't nearly that involved and they take place in locked hotel rooms. the actual con is very clean, save sometimes for the foul-mouthed comedian (we love you, 2 Gryphon) and the adult art auctions/sales (i love my skunkworks stuff, drawn by james hardiman).

*edit*
    honestly, though, furry cons are a blast and 99% is family-friendly and kid-safe.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  5. seb32

seb32 Regular member

The one with the raccoon costume? Yeah, I saw that one, it was LOLness.

I really should be doing Socials. Does anyone know what hardships were faced by immigrants from Great Britain to Canada in the 1800s?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the realization that their king shared many things in common with people from arkansas? :p

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Trust me I know Hollywood can never tell a straight story, always have to leverage in the angle involving sex, perversion nad the seemly underbelly of society. A miracle will occur when they actually portray accurately what happens in life.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

then again, perversion is fun, too. ^.~

9. seb32

seb32 Regular member

auslander, k, i'll put that down, and if my teacher has any objections, I’ll let her know that my buddy from AD said so, and he's a smart one.

10. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Hey Auslander, sorry to bother AGAIN LOL, but i neeed some help on these three problems. The Teacher sucks and just cant explain how to do it, shes new!!She gave the Answers and told us to work the problems out and to get those answersbut i have no idea!!!

1.The Narrowest strait on Earth is Seil Sound in Scotland, which lies between the mainland and the island of Seil.The Strait is only about 6m wide. Suppose an athlete wanting to jump over the sea Leaps at an Angle of 35 degress with respect to the horizontal. What is the minimum initial speed that would allow the athlete to clear the gap?Neglect Air Resistance.(Ans. 7.9 m/s)

2. A flying fish leaps out of the water with a speed of 15.3 m/s. Normally these fish use wing like fins to glide about 40m before reentering the ocean, butin this case the fish fails to use its Wings and so only travels horizontally about 17.5m. At what angle with respect to the waters surface does the fish leave the water?(Ans. 23.6 Degress above the Horizontal)

3. A movie director is shooting a scene that involves dropping a stunt dummy out of an airplane and into a swimming pool. The place is 10m above the ground, traveling at a velocity of 22.5m/s in the positive x direction. The Director wants to know where in the planes path the dummy should be dropped so that it will land in the pool. Whtat is the dummys displacement?(Ans. 32.2 m)

This is probably the last time ill ask. I think
    OOHH YEAH #1 i think that thats the wrong answer!!

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

when are these due?

12. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Tomorrow :(

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll try to take a look tonight, but you'd be a lot better off counting on another resource.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, my sister has started a very basic high school physics class and shot me an email for help. i'll post the question and my response for future reference, should anyone need it.

Q:
    A:
    hope that helps someone. :)