1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pick and Choose Chapters with Popcorn and MTR?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by careyciii, Jan 12, 2005.

1. careyciii

careyciii Member

HI, I'm a newbie trying to figure out some of the nuances of burning and don't want to buy additional software. I'm wanting to burn certain segments of the original DVD but not the whole DVD. For instance, what would I do if I would like to retain only English 5.1, Main feature in 16:9, and directors commentary. MTR gives me options on chapter selection but I'm not sure how to determine which is which (other than the main feature which is highlighted), I've tried removing some files from the video_ts, for instance .vob and corresponding .bup and .ivo after ripped and then using popcorn but i get and error message. I guess the gist is that I want to know how to pick and choose titles to retain in my final burn. Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

Popcorn is probably not your best option. It's nice for a quick compress and burn, but if you want to do anything wiley with the titles, you should probably use DVD2oneX (i think its free, if not, easily hackable). This allows you to select individual titles, chapters, audio, and subtitles. However, it's only for compression, so you'll need to use toast to burn the compressed files to DVD.

Also, in order to select specific titles in DVD2oneX, make sure you rip the entire disk in MTR. Then do your selecting in DVD2oneX. It takes a little longer, but I've found it the best way to eliminate error.