1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked The Wrong Week To Quit Jack Daniels...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by etherwolf, Jan 26, 2005.

1. etherwolf

etherwolf Member

I have a Pioneer 578A and have had no problem playing commercial DVDs as well as ALL those I have backed up using my NEC 2500 and DVD-Shrink/DVDDecrypter in the past 6 months.

Enter Alien VS Predator this evening.

The backed up disk freezes while showing the 20th Century intro to the main feature. Being a egotistic geek type I research the problem and triple check all my settings and procedures and burn another. SAME problem.

They both work just peachy in my computer.
    Not willing to admit defeat (it's now too late to buy any Jack) I try the Brand New Commercial disk from Blockbuster in the Pioneer and it freezes as well! Not in my computer though.

I would shoot the damn player with my 12 gauge except for the fact the Cat is snoozing on it.

I am fond of the Cat.

Help please?

Wolf

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  2. etherwolf

etherwolf Member

BTW- the video feezes but the audio seems to continue. If I power the player off and restart it and use the scene slection function to bypass the intro it seems to play ok...

Wolf

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you saying that the original disc also freezes or just the backup?

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

???

etherwolf,

Either it's the dvd from Blockbuster (shame on you, btw), or it's the player. What I'd do is take it back to Blockbuster, and tell them it wouldn't play, and ask for another copy. If that doesn't play in your dvd player, then it would seem to be a problem with the dvd player.

5. etherwolf

etherwolf Member

Yah, it's the commercial disk. And I have tried THREE different disks with the identical problem.

I have found that I can get it to work if I set the player to interlace instead of progressive. NO other disks, original or "improved" have caused this problem.

Spit and dirty drawers!

Wolf

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Looks like its time to pick up some jack, load the shotgun and shoot the player. Once you get the new player shoot the cat if it gets on top of that one. Well, use a DVD player cleaner first, if that doesn't work then proceed with plan B. Good luck

7. etherwolf

etherwolf Member

The Cat is really a person in a fur suit and my buddy.

It has been several years since I had any Jack or other spirits. I've been tempted by this GYUGYUIGYU issue though. I do not have the dinero to buy a new player to watch this one POS DVD but am worried this is the start of a trend.

Wolf

8. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Look into getting a laser lens cleaner. Maxell makes a decent one for about $10. You could always return it if it doesn't help, but it's a good tool to have around.

9. etherwolf

etherwolf Member

I already used the SuperDuper WhizBang cleaner I bought a few months ago. Nada Ting.

Wolf