1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics Oh DVD RW?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CrazVladi, Jan 26, 2005.

1. CrazVladi

CrazVladi Member

Hi im new and i just got a new computer with al the latest dvd authoring and editing progs. as im love photography i had lots of photos and i wanted to write the to a dvd so i can view them on my tv through a dvd player. i tried using "roxio esy dvd and cd suit 6" but no luck can you please help me?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I'm not familiar with roxio, but Nero has a 'make slide show' function that you may want to try. It's very simple.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I don't think all dvd players can play jpegs. you should first check to make sure that your dvd player is capable of reading picture dvds.

4. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

Balaam is correct. The player must be able to play picture DVD's. That is, most will play ONLY .jpg type files. If you have a .tif or .png they will be ignored. Also, the menu of many DVD players is limited. You may have a DVD that has 2,000 pics on it but the player menu may only go to 99 or 999 which means that you can only select up to picture 99 or 999. Your pics will still be on the DVD but you will need a pc to view the higher numbered ones.

5. CrazVladi

CrazVladi Member

ya but i need help on writing the pics to the dvd what prog should i use??

6. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Nero should have what your looking for.