1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Compression on credits using DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Dwayno, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Hi there,
    I've read somewhere that you can compress the Credits at the end of a movie in DVD shrink to help with using as little compression for the Main movie.
    Can someone show me how to do this. I'm ok with taking the extras out etc, but not very good on the advanced reauthoring techniques.
    Thanks

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

hi Dwayno,
    Choosing different compression ratios on different parts of the same movie is not possible directly with DVD Shrink. What you can do is cut off the credits in the beginning and the end of the movie completely. This will thus give more space on your disc for the movie.

An excellent animated guide how to do this can be found here:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/DVD_Shrink_v3_beta5.htm

Hope this helps

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,
    There is a way to do this with Shrink in the Re-autor mode.
    Using the start/end feature and the chapter buttons.
    Drag the main title into the re-author window and select start/end. Lets compress the first half of chapter 8. Select chapter 8 using both chapter select buttons, usibg the sliders, select the first half of the chapter. Select OK. The main re-author window appears with just the portion of Chapter 8 that you selected. Select custom ratio and apply compression as you like.
    Now select start/end again and set your chapter select buttons to the 1st and last chapters to select the entire title then select OK.
    The first half of chapter 8 now has a different compression setting than the rest of the movie.
    You can use "still pictures" instead of "ratio" and use this technique on as many sections of the movie as suits your needs.
    Frank

5. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

There you go, you learn every day! Thanks guys!

6. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Thank you guys, I have followed the guides and am extremely grateful indeed.
    regards