1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PICTURE ENHANCING PROGRAM

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by steve120, Feb 25, 2007.

1. steve120

steve120 Member

i am looking for a program that is free that can zoom in and still have a good picture quality.EXAMPLE when i do it in paint it gets pixalated and i want to see the image. i know that paint is a bad program bad in its now very good. so if anyone knows of a program that can zoom in on pictures so that its not pixleated. i rely need this program because i have old family photos, and i want to zoom in so i can see all the faces.

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

When I need to do image scaling I use "the GIMP". It scales extremely well.

3. steve120

steve120 Member

it wasent thak good the pics were pixlating when i zoom in just one click

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you can't just stretch something and expect it to look good. pixels don't appear out of thing air; smaller pixels have to be stretched to fill in the space. they *can* be smoothed to look better, this this still doesn't increase the quality of the actual image.

you need to start with a good, high-resolution image first.

5. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

When you zoom in using the GIMP it will pixelate, because that's what it's designed to do... so that you can do pixel level editing. What I'm talking about is actually scaling, which one of the options (don't know which one because I don't have it installed right now) in one of the menus allows you to actually scale the image not "zoom"

6. steve120

steve120 Member

o ok i see now