1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture on monitor, but not on HDTV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by brycemath, Mar 21, 2007.

1. brycemath

brycemath Member

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but it was the closest thing I could notice so I'll post here anyway:

On an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro Video Card, I have a 19" Flat Pannel monitor hooked into the VGA port. There is nothing wrong with that. Everything works fine.

The problem now is this: I went out and bought a DVI to HDMI cable. I plugged it into my Graphics Card, and then the other end to the TV. When I boot up the computer, it shows images on both the monitor and TV (which is what I want), but as soon as the actual Windows Kernel loads, the picture on the TV goes to the blank blue screen.

Can anybody help?

2. mlillford

mlillford Member

i`ve seen this before in this case it was as simple as the res was set too high for the tv allthough the manual said the tv could handle it would not allow the pc to use full res try to turn it down to 1280 x 720 the reason you can see windows booting is because it boots up in low res
    hope this helps

3. brycemath

brycemath Member

Thanks! I'll try that! I can't access the TV right now though, so I'm still taking suggestions just in case these don't work at all...

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

You TV may downscale if its too high.
    Also check in windows what monitor is being driven.

I had the same problem with my laptop using the VGA output.

I have the TV set as a second monitor now. works fine. so you may want to try that.

but my TV won't go past 1280 either via the VGA, but the DVI should give you pixel / pixel output. so 1920(i think) if you have 1080P