1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture quality question with DVD Decrypter / Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bigtaco, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bigtaco

bigtaco Member

To back up my DVDs I have been using DVD Shrink to rip, along with Decrypter to burn. They work GREAT with one small problem. The picture quality on the final product is a bit low. It is noticably pixelated. I do cut out all the extra languages in an effort to make the ISO file smaller. I am new to both programs and any tips would be greatly appreciated...

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Maybe it's your media,I assume you are using good quality ones and, possibly your burn speed is too high, I burn at 4x, that seems the recommendation on this forum.
    What I do is rip the movie to the harddrive with DVD Decrypter then I use DVD Shrink in the re-author mode just to grab the main title, also I reduce DVD Shrink's disc volume from 4464 to 4300, this stop's burning to the edge of the disc which may cause problems.
    Then I use Nero to burn it to a disc, you may choose Decrypter if you like that.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Member

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize you could use DVD Decrypter to rip to the hard drive. I thought it was just for burning to the disk. I had been using shrink to rip. I will also use re-author mode in shrink to get just the main movie and see if that gives better quality... Have a safe new year!

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

You're welcome........lets know if the results.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you use DVD Shrink to rip the movie, after you click Backup a window will pop up. If you click the Quality Settings tab and check the Adaptive error whatever option and then rip, you should end up with a better quality backup. This does increase the ripping time.

6. eric545

eric545 Regular member

bigtaco

I often use DVD Decrypter first, then use DVD Shrink to get the movie down to the size of a single 4.7GB DVD-R.

If you have questions on how to do that, then I suggest that you visit this page of mine

http://mysite.verizon.net/eric.groves/pg48.html

and use the links that you find helpful.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd ripping*