1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Really Glichy After Using ReMpeg

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by JMcQueen, Jan 3, 2003.

1. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

I've been trying to recode Harry Potter so that I can fit the back up onto one disc and after I use ReEmpeg to recode the picture quality is terrible, really glichy and pixelated. Is there something that will do the job better or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? I use DVD Decrypter to rip, IFOedit to strip and ReEmpeg 1.5.2 to recode?

2. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

hi mate , Im going to make it really easy for you , ripp the main movie only with dvd decrypter and select ifo mode and then un-check the first chapter .The problem is the WB intro logo last 12 seconds and it is iterlaced and the rest of the movie is not , rempeg uses the start of the film for its information to re-encode.Create a new cffl file and then rempeg , guarenteed shit hot copy , done it myself with rempeg , however I now use CCE much faster and with 20 th century fox films rempeg falls on its arse( minority report & starwars2 AOTC), happy encoding :0)

3. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

Cheers mate, I thought that was the problem as the intro plays perfect but wasnt sure and what to do about it. Where can I get hold of CCE?

4. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

I've just tried what you described but there's a problem. The first chapter not only contains the credits an WB logo but also a good chunk of the start of the film.

5. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

I think u are getting confused between a vob file and a chapter within that vob file ,open up dvd decrypter and when it highlights the main movie select mode>ifo, this should give you a list af chapters ( small boxes scrolling down the right hand side) uncheck the very top one ,then press the decrypt icon and easy peasy
    honestly ( this was the very first WB movie I ripped)I noticed that on my stand alone player the 12 second logo was classed as the first chapter :0)

6. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

I know what your saying should happen its just that its not. I open up dvd decrypter and under VTS_01 i uncheck the box for chapter one / cell one and then click decrypt. I know what your saying is correct as i can identify this chapter with IFOedit as being the WB logo. However, after Decryptor has finished I check the .vob files by playing them and the earliest scene is about 5 minutes into the movie where he is asleep under the stairs and touches his scare. Honestly there is nothing earlier other than the menu selector.

7. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

sorry , the only other thing is that the logo may be hidden in another VOB ID, I only know that this is what I did , did you enable stream proccessing , its the other tab in the list , I cant remember if I did this , it might be the diffrence ,if that fails it could be that you are ntsc?, I have a pal dvd :0)