1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pictures aren't clear

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by ElsieNJ, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ElsieNJ

ElsieNJ Member

The pictures I had on my computer have changed. The image size had changed and they have little squares in them. I have to increase the size to make them clearer. I did nothing I am aware of that made them change. Any ideas how this could have happened? The new pictures that I loaded on my computer from the same camera are clear as a bell. I opened them with different programs and still distorted. How can I fix this without going through every picture? Could it be the program? Help. Thanks.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

i never heard of that problem,i have pixs from win-95 days till now and the are clear as a bell...

take said pixs on a cdrw and view them on a friends computer..to see if in fact the pixs did change.

b-4 ye friend views them on his computer have him do a virus scan on the cdrw..

3. ElsieNJ

ElsieNJ Member

This is the first time this happened to me too and I had computers since 1994. That is a great idea. A virus did cross my mind but I have aol and the virus scan, shows no virus but who knows with aol. the only thing that I did was download some video trial program which I uninstalled and I copied and pasted my pictures to my new external hard drive. That is when I noticed it but it could have been before since I didn't view my pics for a while. As I am typing I thought of this, if it is a virus, why are my new pics that I just load clear as a bell? So you are saying if I put the pictures on another computer and they are still distorted, the pics changed its resolution. If they are clear, what then? thanks for responding and thanks for your help.