1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures from Motorola V220 to PC?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Neverb4, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Neverb4

Neverb4 Guest

Hey all,
    I know there are a few other topics about this, but none of them really helped me out. Anyways, I have version 3.11 of Mobile PhoneTools and it recognized my V220. The problem is now that I have no idea how to get my pictures from my phone to my PC. I synched the phonebook and can do other stuff, but I don't see any options for multimedia or pictures or anything. Maybe it's an old version and doesn't have the options or maybe I just can't find them or something. Anyways, if anyone could help me out that would be great, and if I need a newer version of mpt could you please provide me with a link if possible? Because these updates are like impossible to find. Thanks in advance. Later.

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

when phone tools comes up and initializes, do you get a picture of your phone (V220)? If so, a vertical iconic menu is supposed to jut out from the right side of the phone. One of those icons is the Multimedia Studio (near the middle). Is it 'greyed' out or active? Anyway, THAT'S where you go to transfer your pics.

3. Neverb4

Neverb4 Guest

I get the picture and the vertical menu, but the only options on it are:
    - "Create Internet Connection"
    - "Send Message"
    - "E-Mail"
    - "Phonebook"
    - "Calendar"
    - "Synchronization"
    - "Information"
    And none of them are greyed out. Maybe it's because this version doesn't support picture transfers or doesn't have the option? Even though I think it should, or maybe I did something wrong when installing (choosing the phone model from the list since the V220 isn't on it) or something? If so, could someone link me to a patch download, or tell me how to get it to work? Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. Later.

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

1. Did you install the USB Modem Driver as well or only the Phone tools?

2. have you tried live updating it to v3.19x?

5. Neverb4

Neverb4 Guest

The live update doesn't work for some reason. Tells me to call the company or pay for something or what not. And I have the P2K driver, but I don't know how to install it. Could that be the problem? And if so how do I install it? The zip has 2 setup information files and one system file. Thanks again for the help.

6. Neverb4

Neverb4 Guest

Alright, so if someone could tell me how to install or get the P2K driver to work that would be cool. I have the 1.23 MPT and the 3.11 update. I also have the P2K driver files but I don't know what to do with them. My 3.11 doesn't have an option for the multimedia. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really wanna get these pics to my PC. Thanks. Later.

7. hippe44

hippe44 Member

Uninstall your program and then go to the web site http://www.free.cz/motorola and down load the following 1)Motorola MobilePhoneTools>10-JUl-2004 02:21 18.1M 2)Motorola USB Modem Driver.zip>29-Jun-2004 18:22 1.2M 3)mobilePhoneTools 2.2>17-May-2004 21.0M. After you have downloaded those three programs restart your computer. Then shut your computer off and contect your USB and phone. Turn your computer back on and let it find new hardware. Click on the Mobile Phone tools icon on your desktop and it should say upgrade available. Down load it and you will have to restart your computer numerous times to complete the upgrade. After you do all that then click on the Mobile Phone tools icon again and it should show your phone V220 and it should have the Multimedia Studio. Hope this helped you.

8. Neverb4

Neverb4 Guest

Thanks a lot hippe that worked like a charm! :)

9. hippe44

hippe44 Member

Your welcome, Rockdawg helped me and so I thought I would do the same. If you need anymore help just write.

10. xdarahx

xdarahx Member

hey i need some help! i dowloaded the three files, installed the 1st 2, tried to update the mobile phone tools..and its not working. why?

11. hippe44

hippe44 Member

Descripe what it is telling you so that I can maybe help you solve the problem. Other wise uninstall the program and try again. Be sure to use the exact ones that I descripe because there are some similar, but different. I have installed onto 3 computers and haven't had any trouble. I will try to help if at I can.