1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of my toy (home-made ps2 arcade)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rcramer, Jan 28, 2005.

1. rcramer

rcramer Member

I custom built this little jewel its taken me quite a while I finally figured out the problem with the memory card slots only reading ps1 cards.....resistence in the wire...grrr well any way follow the link and if you want i will spill her guts out so you can see the inside.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/daddywarbux

By the way i utilized the fiber optic out and put in a 5.1 surround system.

2. brother

brother Member

nice f***king job rcramer,and i thought my modded external harddrive was cool .
    running 200gb WD with modded network adapter and external case.
    Transfer from pc to ps2 via Hot Swap(very fast) .

http://img160.exs.cx/img160/6734/klkllk.jpg

3. rcramer

rcramer Member

nice job on yours also....my next task is to hdd my unit. On my arcade the cd tray ejaects out of the top of the joystick platfor. I had to remote mount the reset/open buttons, you can see the buttons next to the sony emblem on the platform.

4. brother

brother Member

ya a harddrive would be great and faster loading ,do you have a schematic of your project?
    would like to make one myself,also did you make the Cabinet?

5. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Wow...that cabinet setup is awesome. Is this the Mortal Kombat Cabinet that you were talking about in the memory card thread?? I've got to say that it looks really good.

Where are the R2 & L2 buttons, I saw L & R, have you implemented them some other way, just curious. Also how much does a cabinet as kick ass as yours cost not even considering all the man hours and modifications. That is something that I would love to do someday when I have my own home, I should probably learn a little more about electronics wiring and the like though.

Anyway, bottom line - that is friggin amazing, you're my hero.

6. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

w00t thats awesome !!! yeah if u could make that yourself .. maybe u could make a how-to that would be great , still -b0wd0wn- :)

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

rcramer, damned good job. what gauge wires were you using that is/was causing to much resistance??

8. rcramer

rcramer Member

Thanks guys...It took some time and effort but definately worth it...It originally was an ultimate mk3 machine that had severe water damage.i rebuilt the joystick end of the console( thats how i got the speakers in the platform) gutted the rest except the monitor and built a circuit board to be able to communicate with the monitor from the ps2 I had to find a speicial ps2 controller that i could even solder too it was a mess. I will get some more pics with her hood up before long.