1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIE/PIF and Taiyo Yuden

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by akyllonen, Apr 29, 2005.

1. akyllonen

akyllonen Regular member

Just got some of the Best Buy sale Sony DVD+R Yudens. Media ID is YUDEN000 T02.

I tested a few of these after burning at 4x-here are my results:

PI Errors Average/Max PI Failures Max/Total
    1.44/9 2/888
    1.31/9 2/681
    1.53/9 2/98
    1.04/6 2/150
    1.32/12 2/917

Quality Scores were all 94%

Now I am not overly impressed with these scans as my Supermediastore TYG02's (-R's) scanned better in the PIF with only max's<10 on almost all discs. But the PIE's were much higher.

I switched to +R's due to the fact that my GE Player likes +R better( even crappy CMC's! and Memorex RITEK's)

Anyone else tested these? Results would be appreciated. Thanks!

System Specs:
    Dell Dimension 2400 2.4Gig Celeron;512K RAM;Sony DRU-710A Burner.
    Rip to HD w/Decrypter; Encode w/Shrink; ISO Burn w/Decrypter.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've burned 50 out of 50 so far and they are good. Here is one of my scans on the sony +1x-8x,made in japan,with the yuden000-T02 mfg code and burned at 4x:
    [​IMG]

I do like the better results with the verbatim data life plus +8x's. 150+ burns with 0 coasters using regular and full hub printables.They feature the metal azo dye.Mfg code: Mcc-003.

I am also like you,a few of my friends and family stand alones won't recognize my benq dash format backups. After booktyping the plus format to dvd-rom,Only 1 ps2 won't play them.That one ps2 also won't play my dash backups.

Edit: Having trouble with my url.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  3. akyllonen

akyllonen Regular member

Gonna try a few more next week. I went back to my Supermedia TYG02's and had bad scans on those as well. I think my problem was I ripped 5 movies to the hard drive...then Shrunk/Burned. I not sure I understand why burns are better with a less full drive? Can anyone help explain this to me? I guess from now on I'll do the Shrink/Decrypt all at once instead of ripping a bunch first.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I rip and imediately burn after the encoding and have no issues.It's very easy with separate dvd-rom and dvd-rw drives.

Now on my spare pc,single dvd-rw drive only,doing several movies in a row: I have to defrag quite often. Those 4+ gig movies put a heavy toll on hard drives.

Also turn off everything in the background,reduce compression, and burn slower.