1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piecing DVD together

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zombieman, Jun 19, 2003.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

Ok Here is my question. I am having problems with DVDdecrypter (newest version) decrypting one VOB file on "Die Another Day". Although I can get the VOB file decrypted to my HD using DVD squezze. Can I simply ignore the error when DVDdecrypter errors on the VOB file and then just drag the VOB file from the DVD squezze copy into the folder that has all the other complete VOBs, that DVDdecrypter was able to decrypt? Sound confusing? sorry. I know there are other ways around it. Or you might ask why not just use DVDsquezze for the entire thing. But this is my question, if anyone can answer it.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Why not try ripping it with DVD Shrink and you will have control over authoring the disc to your taste. Thats what i do?

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD Squeeze is known for being freeware or shareware wrapped up for sale & hence is not well supported by shadey characters who sell DVD Squeeze [it is a rip off]

All I can add to that is , use DVD Shrink 2.3 (free) on all of the rip/strip process then burn with favourite software..
    A much better way I feel !!

4. boriqua

boriqua Guest

When you run Decrypter to rip vobs, and get and error on a particular vob, just run it again and rip that particular vob. I found sometimes that solves my problem. Also check the DVD itself, and make sure it isn't scratch, smudged with fingerprints, or chicken grease (LOL)...
    Being that I have multiple computers together on a LinkSys, if it doesn't rip on one, I try the other...

Good Luck...