1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle 8 easy start and ulead video studio 6

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by huckle, Feb 3, 2004.

1. huckle

huckle Guest

I have a advc 100 which works well with roxio dvd 6 but also have ulead and pinnacle 8 easy start which I like better but cannot get the audio to work with ulead or pinnacle, video ok/, also both these software titles will not give me any options as far as selecting the audio. any one have any ideas maybe a setting in the pc or just crappy software ? One more question when you burn to dvd directly what type of file is created ?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it sounds Like a Software Problem because the ADVC-100 Locks the Audio and Video into the Same Stream at the Time of Capture so the Audio is there But your Software just can not read it for some reason..I can tell you that Studio 7/8/9, Video Studio 5/6/7 and Pretty Much any Roxio software Sucks..If you want to use Thos Programs then Try useing something simple Like Windows Movie Maker to Just capture the DV Files and then import those Captured Files into your Editing Software....
    I don"t know what you Mean about Burning a DVD Directly But I can tell you that the File Structure on a Standard DVD is allways a Video-TS Folder and an Audio_TS folder inside the Video_TS Folder there are Vob files and an IFO File and a BUP File and the Audio_TS Folder is usually empty.....

3. huckle

huckle Guest

have you any input on sonic my video studio with doldy software ? they state with dolby you have 20 50 % more room on your dvd ]-[uckleberry

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you Can Get 20-50% more Video on a DVD useing Dolby digital AC3 in Sterio Compared to Wav audio But if you Use Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio you get the Same ammount as Dolby Audio ...I use Dolby AC3 in all My DVD"s But I have My own AC3 Encoder to encode my audio files, and "Tmpgenc DVD author" Now has a Dolby digital AC3 Plugin that will encode your Audio files to Dolby AC3 before Authoring to DVD so this is also an option......Cheers