1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 9 will no longer open AVI files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by HPriser, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPriser

HPriser Member

Pinnacle Studio v9 Will not open most AVI files, even one that I built with the same Studio 9. Here is the message I get:

Pinnacle Studio Plus is not enabled for PAL

History: Everything used to work then my hard drive crashed. I had to reformat it. After reinstalling everything from my backup hard drive I had several new problems. Two of them had to do with Pinnacle 9.
    1. When opening hfx transitions and attempting to use one, Studio 9 crashes. I found a fix for this after many hours: Delete: C:\WINDOWS\System32\atioglxx.dll
    2. Studio v9 Will not open most AVI files

First, I uninstalled studio 9 and reinstalled it.
    I purchased the MPEG4 Encoding/Decoding Activation Key with two others for $9.99. That was a waste of money.
    I installed the latest DivX codecs (DivX Installer.exe). I also installed DivX521xp2k.exe and PinnacleDV25Codec.exe. No help.
    I also tried uninstalling several other programs to no avail.
    I need Help. I think my next move will be to reformat my hard drive again, get all the windows updates, and install studio 9 as my first program and see if it works.

This may be related: Suddenly I Cannot Run AudioEdit Delux. When I try, I get a message saying: "Degugger Detected - Please close it down and restart! windows NT users: please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!"

My Computer:
    CPU:
    Intel P4 Socket 478 Northwood 2.4ghz/400 bus

CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz Model 2, Stepping 7
    Speed: 2401 MHz
    Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB
    Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB
    Available Memory Slots: 1
    Number of Banks: 4

Motherboard: FIC P4-865PE series/VL13 version PCB 1.x
    Bios Version: FIC – 42302e31

Everything used to work. I have Belarc Advisor and HyjackThis if needed.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to multi-posting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.