1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PINNACLE STUDIO AV/DV DELUXE VERSION 9

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jim1953, Mar 2, 2005.

1. jim1953

jim1953 Guest

I am looking for a good all in one video editing suite, I have tried windows movie maker and the quality was in a word CRAP. Not only was the play back jerky but the audio was out of sync.Plus I am unable to edit frames out.
    So I have a couple of quick questions for users of
    PINNACLE STUDIO AV/DV DELUXE VERSION 9
    1. Does this kit connect via firewire?
    2. Can I do frame by frame editing
    3. Can I add jpegs as intro's/deviders
    More Advanced Related Questions
    I have successfully transfered vhs to dvd using a Bush VCR/DVDrecorder Combi that play great on my dvd rom on my pc - however - at the start of these dvd's is a crap blue screen with a small menu block in the top left corner. Windows Movie Maker does not reconise the disc or the files if transfered to the harddrive
    I have tried Decrytor/DVD2one to without success
    So my TechnoPhobic Logic is that I need an All-In-One Editing Suite.. but is the Pinnacle Studio Suite the way to go???????????? I am not looking to make any blockbuster movies just get my home movies from both my digital camcorder and older homemade stuff onto dvd to share with family and friends...
    All advise welcome

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

1.) No. It's an internal PCI card.
    2.) Yes
    3.) Yes
    For $200, it's a pretty good package.
    Beware, you need a fairly fast computer, running XP, and a DX9 video card to take advantage of most of it's features.
    Read the specs: www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/studioavdvdeluxeversion9/English(US)/doc/avdv_deluxe_features_specs_7.html&Product_ID=1883&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=

(You'll have to copy and paste the whole link.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005