1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio Plus 11 - Creating DVD doesn't work

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ThePolak, May 19, 2007.

1. ThePolak

ThePolak Guest

Hello, I am making a DVD using Pinnacle Studio Plus 11.

Everything works fine, except when i get to the "make movie" tab. In the settings tab I choose --->DVD, Dolby digital 2 channel, and automatic quality. For media type -->dvd-r 4.7gb, image type --> VIDEO_TS folder. From the burn options, the only option i can chose (which isn't greyed out) is "create disc content but don't burn", which is fine for me. Than after exiting that menu, I go back to the main "make movie" screen, which says "Click the create button to choose a destination folder and begin disc image creation." I click on the "create image" button. After that nothing happens. I can go back to the other menus, do whatever i want in the program, there is no "percentage complete" window or anything. The only thing i have noticed is that in the folder i chose the file to be saved in (i did this in the settings tab), studio 11 creates files like "render" "sibfiles" "tmp" and the size of the whole folder grows at regular intervals from like 80mb to 250mb and then stops. Plus my computer does not get laggy or slow, which i think would happen if the video was being processed. Does anybody have any advice, a solution? I remember looking at some website that said its a problem with Microsoft Visual Runtime Library or something like that, however i lost the link. Could patching that help?

Thanks in advance!

2. bvregille

bvregille Member

The Polak,
    Few other users also reported a simiar issue than yours, where they can not select a burner, it's grayed out and they can not also create the project on disk. Our engineers are actually investigating this case.
    Hope we will soon be able to give a workaround (you should perhaps also visit our forum http://forums.pinnaclesys.com)
    Keep you posted

3. ThePolak

ThePolak Guest

OK Thanks!

4. satsurfer

satsurfer Member

I'm using studio 11 plus here also....

same problems.

Everything works fine for the moment.

Just rendering doesn't do anything!

Older versions showed the Percentage of completing (also it passes the movie gradually)

Hopefully, there will be fast an update ;-)

5. BCool

BCool Member

Did you try to install the Studio 11.1 patch ? It is now release. I also had this DVD burning problem and instaling 11.1 fixed my problem.
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...ownload+Area/Drivers+-+Updates?mode=documents

I saw on the Pinnacle forum that some users with also Nero installed on their system fixed it by replacing the WinASPI.DLL file
    1. Download the wnaspi32.dll file from nero from http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/WNASPI32.DLL.html

2. Rename the existing aspi file in /windows/system32 to wnaspi32.dll.old (just as backup)

3. Copy the new Nero file to /windows/system32 and restart

6. tekplace

tekplace Member

Anyone able to post the patch please...

7. bvregille

bvregille Member

Studio 11.1 is available here

If your DVD writer is not recognized in STudio, please see this FAQ