1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinoeer DVR-104 - ANNOYED!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Vinster, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Vinster

Vinster Guest

I am annoyed - I have just swapped my Vivastar (rebadge Panasonic) for a Pioneer DVR-104, mainly because of the two speed write.

I have burnt seven DVD-R's now, of which I never had a problem with my Vivastar, but only two of the seven will work - the others just burn and won't by read by anything.

Anybody else had a similar problem? Suggestions?

Cheers

2. samphil

samphil Guest

Pioneer DVR-104 i have 1 burning silver disc's no prob'the prob' beeing that 1 dvd i did it left off 10min's of film but i think thats down to the vob file size having to be resized

phil

3. alexinik

alexinik Member

Pioneer A04: I've some problem using DVD-R and Nero Burning Rom, but all DVD-R are perfect if I use VOB.

4. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

Sorry Vinster about your bad news of the pioneer all you have done is to confirm that i should keep my panasonic which is working great with the new media-safe 3rd generation discs p.s. are you sure the pioneer is 2 speed and how long does it take to write a full dvd-r?

5. dalboy

dalboy Member

What speed are you burning at with your Pioneer? Simple suggestion but is the media that you are using 2x compatible?

6. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Hi - actually, Nero only lets me burn at 1 speed, even though the unit is supposed to be two.

7. dalboy

dalboy Member

Not really sure what to suggest. The only problem I have had is with movies sticking or skipping. This was cured by changing the media I was using.
    I'm using Nero with my Pioneer 104 without any problems. One thing in Nero, have you checked the determine maximum speed box on the burn tab?

8. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Yeah - it only allows me to select 1x

What Media you using?

9. dalboy

dalboy Member

I've tried Bulkpaq, they didn't work. Two that do work are White Label & Datasafe, both cheap at £0.87 each

10. Vinster

Vinster Guest

I have a sneaky suspicion its the bulkpaq- will try some other media soon - cheers :)

11. dalboy

dalboy Member

12. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Yeah I been there - Liverpool init? Do you have to phone your credit card details though or something?

13. dalboy

dalboy Member

That's the one.

14. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Just ordered some White Label DVD-R's from Digital Promo - they will be here tomorrow so we'll see how we get on - I will report ;)

Just as a side line, what fantastic service I receive from there - just brilliant! Recommended!

15. DVD2u

DVD2u Guest

Vinster

Glad that you finally got around to ordering from http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/ told you they offered a good service.

Have burnt using BulkPaq, Traxdata DVD-R and WhiteLabel DVD-RW and have had no problems with the 'Traxdata' or the 'BulkPaq' playing on my Playstation 2 or my Yello 800 DVD player. White Label DVD-RW will not play on my PS2 (No surprise there).

Setup Used:
    Purpose built Duron 850Mhz with Windows XP Pro, Pioneer 104 DVD-R/RW, using Smartripper (latest version), and IfoEdit (0.91). Burnt using Prassi.

Am only backing up the film as I'm not interested in Menu's and extras.

16. MarkG

MarkG Guest

Having been messed around by Bigpockets (2 orders of 25 disks, on "their recomendation"), only to be sold the shit media they are trying not to be stuck with.

This evening I ordered from Digital Promo, what a refreshing change, they guy kned what he was talking about, and steered me in (hopefully) the right direction. Based on his advice, I have ordered 5 of each of the following:

Traxdata Branded ``Purple`` 4.7GB DVD-R
    White Label (Pastel) 4.7GB DVD-R
    Datasafe White DVD-R Gen 3 inc. Wallets

Hoping to get something to play correctly in my PS2 (new SCHP30003R), plays DVD-RW no problem (cheap Datasafe -RW work a treat), but is VERY picky about DVD-R, with lots of skipping problems.

Disks (from bigpockets) that I have tried without success on my PS2:

Princo Branded 1x - Shit, skips badly
    Datasafe Gen 3 DVD-R (Yellow label) - Shit, skips badly

Does anyone know of a media/player database, where people can log player, media good/bad combinations?

17. digitalpr

digitalpr Member

Hi

Just followed to this forum from the hits on my site...digitalpromo.co.uk.
    Thank you for all your comments.
    The reason I have posted is for "Vinster" to please give me a call or e-mail me. Have tried and tried to get in touch but have been unable.
    Once again thank you to everyone !

Regards
    Brian Moffatt
    www.digitalpromo.co.uk
    email: bri@digitalpromo.co.uk

18. MarkG

MarkG Guest

Suggestion for digitalpr (Digial Promo),

What would be nice, are cheaper postage options. This can make all the difference in smaller disk orders.

This is my mistake with bigpockets. I was not prepared to buy a few test disks, for £5 and pay an equal amount in postage!

19. digitalpr

digitalpr Member

Hi MarkG

Dont want to hijack this thread when it was not started by me, but in delivery method on the Order Form...choose "Royal Mail" if its only a few discs.
    This method is very very reasonable.

Regards
    Brian
    www.digitalpromo.co.uk

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  20. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Brian -- will call you later today -- been away last few days sorry.

One thing: WHITE LABEL - awesome - these have played in everything that I have thrown them at, they have all burned perfectly. More to the point, they arrived in mint condition and the next day which was just the cherry on the cake (although I have to say, I don't like cherries! Lol!!)

Cheers Brian! Fantastic Recommendation :) Will ring later.

Oh, Title: Pioneer DVR-104 - NOT ANNOYED ANYMORE :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2002