1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 105 / nero / dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by desai7676, Jun 1, 2003.

1. desai7676

desai7676 Member

Sorry if this has been said before but i have spent 4 hours trying to solve this and still no joy...

i have installed 105 pioneer dvd writer onto a windows xp machine. with firmware v1.30

software i have installed is latest nero / (when it did not work with nero i installed vob 6.5 to test)

using 4x datawrite dvd-r (red)

the problem is that when i try to copy a dvd that is already been copied it comes up with not enough disk space...which is wierd as the copied dvd disk is 4.1gb and i assume all ready authorised etc

i have checked and i have concluded down to the following....

both dvd-rom and dvd-writer are on the same ide channel cable and therefore causing read / write probs

the media comes up as cd-media on the type when it is inserted...but does show up as a dvd-writer.

if any one can help / advise i would be very gratefull!!

sam

2. Jac12

Jac12 Member

I don't have an answer for you but I have a question. We have the same burners and OS but I have not been able to burn anything sucessful.
    I keep gettign the Fatal Scsi drive error. Did you ever have this? What ASPI versions do you have on your system. What is
    vob 6.5. Please help me I am getting so frustrated.
    Jac

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

desai7676

Try creating an image of all VOB BUP IFO files in Nero to your HDD then burning.
    If your using an older version of Nero 5.5 then update and also if you only have Nero Express. Nero burning Rom/Enterprise Edition is more what you'd need (if you dont already)

If your burning a movie over 2 hours then I would totally recommend burning at a slower speed , especially if you encounter freeze/pixelation in the final chapters.

----------------------------------------------
    Jac12

I dont have SCSI so I cant answer but you may find better answers in the Hardware Forum on your problem.