1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 105 power syncronisation failure in nero

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ronin2003, Jul 29, 2003.

1. ronin2003

ronin2003 Guest

after using this burner for about 3 months, i am suddenly getting power syncro problems. i have reinstalled windows (including invoking the mbr routine in fdisk), all to no avail. i can use it to burn cd's but not dvd's. any-one able to help??? thanx in advance

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

How is your ASPI layer and was DMA turned on or off at any time?

3. ronin2003

ronin2003 Guest

thanx oriphus, the aspi layer had indeed gone awol. no more power synchro problems but this has been replaced by possible read errors. if i try to burn, these errors occur causing coaster production. i am seriously considering going over to the record now max camp as i'm fast becoming disillusioned with nero. it is in the back of my mind that the disks could be the fault (datawrite yellow top) but after about 30 successful burns, why should they now start causing problems. i burn at 1x to try and minimise any problems. any-one able to help before i make take the plunge to stomp? thanx in advance. (as i am away frequently, i'm not always able to answer as quickly as i would like, please don't read this as ignorance)

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You could haev ran into a bad badge of princos, though it isnt as likely as Nero causing the problem. I got errors with Nero a lot, yet the discs seemed to work ok. I did however go to the Record Now Deluxe camp using Veritas program (had problems with Stomp). You can get the latest one from the link on this page:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm