1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 105 writer - can't read data discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bumhead, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Bumhead

Bumhead Member

Just had to backup data from a drive before re-installing windows. The system was running windows 98, but the new install was with windows xp. when I try to read the data now, the disc only registers as a blank cd ? and there are no file showing (even though the disc is physically full of data). Even a disc which was reading fine before is now showing as a blank cd.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mr. Bumhead

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have that problem with floppy discs created on a Windows 98 computer and then trying to read it on a Window XP computer. It always just wants to format it. I think it has something to do with the backward compatibility of Windows XP

3. Bumhead

Bumhead Member

Cheers Oriphus. Didn't exacly answer the problem, but it gave me an idea. Just copied the DVD onto another disc, and it has worked. Guess that it just needed writing using xp ? The data was obviously on the disc and nero could read enough to transfer the data. Anyway, it has worked and saved an eon of work. Thought I would reply just to help anyone else with the same problem.

Bumhead