1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 106/ dvd-r/ with domestic dvd players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leetony, Nov 24, 2003.

1. leetony

leetony Guest

ive bought a pioneer 106 with the latest firmware (only bought iton 22/11/03.it burns ok,but i bought some 'white label dvd-r disks at the same time 50 for £24.00 ,from the same guy who sold me the drive,but the disks don't play in the domestic home stand alone dvd player,i have sony 305s and tesco 'dansai players,the disks won't play in either? which blank dvd's do you reccomend that burn on the pioneer 106 and also plays on any universal domestic dvd player.
    i had the panasonic sw9581 but was crap so i bought this one new for £89 with software.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2003
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Check the specs in the owner book of you dvd player and see what type dvdr it can read. Some only play -R and some +R. If your dvd writer burns +r and your player only plays -r it won't work. They have to match. Jerry

3. leetony

leetony Guest

the pioneer 106 burns + and - at 4x max.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I know the 106 is dual format, you have to see which format your stand alone players can play. then burn to that type of blank. Use a better quality media also. Most members seem to like Ritek media. The cheap stuff will give you problms. Jerry

5. swagman

swagman Guest

leetony,

Have the same dvd burner on the same firmware as you,also dansai standalone player(852).The only media i found to work on the dansai that was burnt with the pioneer was datasafe dvd-r 4x,HOWEVER,you can drop in just about any dvd rom drive in the dansai 852 and make it a much better player(just tried the samsung 616q drive works perfect on my previously unplayable whitelable media)

best of luck:)

6. leetony

leetony Guest

what do you mean by 'you can drop in just about any dvd rom drive in the dansai 852 and make it a much better player' do you mean remove the rom drive from the dansai and replace it with a different 1? and what make/kind of rom drive?
    thanks

7. swagman

swagman Guest

leetony,

Yes,remove original "shindogoo" drive from dansai 852 player and replace with new /better drive,as i said in my previous post,replaced mine with samsung sd 616q.

8. paulchu

paulchu Guest

Dont use piodata media with 106. I have 4 coasters and 21 blank ones left over. Sux