1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 106D Locks on Lead Out

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by kweef, Dec 28, 2003.

1. kweef

kweef Member

I have A pioneer 106D and when I burn an image e.g .iso or an Alcohol .mds file to a disc the drive locks on the final stage of recording and doesnt release the program to tell me it has succesfully completed the task. The images are from movies that I have made and sometimes normal data dvds from game images. The light stays turned on on the drive and I have to restart the pc to release the disc. When I check the dvd all the data is there and it works fine, but this is a very annoying problem as I rarely turn the computer off let alone restart it.

Any help would be appreciated.

ps I am using datawrite red top 4x and have tried at different speeds, and also the problem occured on 4cos 4x media.

kweef

2. VIPER1010

VIPER1010 Member

I've got the exact same problem. Same writer, same disks. Mine wouldn't work properly after copying a movie. I'll be very interested with any replies. Is your windows up to date, firmware and bios? I am new to this so don't know if this should make any odds. Has anyone come across a particular brand of disk that works well with the Pioneer 106D?

3. VinylPush

VinylPush Member

Same thing happened with my 105. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how I fixed it!

Random Alcohol bug? If you're using the latest version, try uninstalling and dropping to an earlier version.

4. syrious

syrious Member

Ok Guys anyone else got this problem cos its just happened to me too
    i use Xp professional with xp2500 barton so no prob there.
    the sys has two pioneer 106d writers, i use shrink to rip and nero to burn. (been running for at least 6 months with no probs till now)
    the led on only one of the burners will not go out after a successful burn, anyone got any ideas please ?
    i have to restart to release the disk !

5. kweef

kweef Member

OK guys. I have tryed lots of different writing software now and Blindwrite (the latest version) has burnt every image fault free. Give it a go.