1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 106d

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by apple, Jul 18, 2003.

1. frikoriko

frikoriko Member

Can't get RecordNow Max 4.5 to work at all. It does sees the Pioneer 106d but refuses to burn on my Datawrite discs (red and yellow) saying there's an error.
    It has the 1.05 firmware. I'm not sure whether the new firmware will make a difference. Also, if I were to flash, is there a windows app that I can use to apply the new firmware as I don't have a floppy drive to boot to DOS?
    Any clues? thanks

2. rlwhite

rlwhite Guest

i use diskjuggler imho the best dvd writer after well over 200 burns using pioneer no coasters and has multi writewr support

3. Whoosh

Whoosh Guest

4. frikoriko

frikoriko Member

Thanks mate.
    There's no readme in the firmware file as opposed to what the page states. Did you just doubleclick on the exe or did you do it in cmd?

5. Whoosh

Whoosh Guest

I just double-clicked it and it creates a folder on the c:\ drive. A DOS windows open with further instructions to proceed.

This is a big improvement by Pioneer to enable flashing within Windows. Plextor has been doing this for years.

6. frikoriko

frikoriko Member

Indeed that's pretty straight forward compared to using rebooting in DOS and using floppy